What is Microsoft Access?
Microsoft Access is a desktop database application, packaged with Microsoft Office Professional. Unlike Excel, Access is able to work with millions of records, allowing large databases to be created, updated, searched and reported on by multiple users. From simple data capture to complex automation and user interfaces, Access brings all the powerful functionality of a complete database, without the need for expensive servers and administration.
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at the venue for 08:45am
Am I using Microsoft Access 2003?
Click HELP menu, click ABOUT, find your version.
Am I using Microsoft Access 2007?
Click Microsoft OFFICE button, click relevant OPTIONS button. Within OPTIONS click RESOURCES to find your version.
What level is best for me within Microsoft Access?
INTRODUCTION - You can open files, save them, creating a database and printing your data. INTERMEDIATE - Fairly confident in customising and formatting tables, creating a query and working with reports. ADVANCED - Able to perform all tasks within ACCESS.
The Knowledge Academy
Who Should Attend the Course?
New, recent or intending users of Access 2003 or XP who have little or no existing database knowledge. Note : A basic understanding of PCs and familiarity with the layout of a PC style keyboard, mouse and Windows is required.
Starting Out: • Basic Terminology • Opening Microsoft Access • Interface Overview • Closing Microsoft Access
Using the Access Interface: • UsingThe Access Menus • Access Task Panes • Using Toolbars • Adding, Removing, and Moving Toolbars • The Switchboard • Using the Database Window
Getting Help: • The Help Menu • The Help Task Pane • The Office Assistant • Using the Type a Question Box • Getting Help in a Dialog Box • Using the Sample Databases
Creating a Database
First Steps: • Planning a Database • Creating a Blank Database • Database Objects
Records: • What is a Record? • Adding Records • Editing Records • Deleting Records • Printing Records
Creating a Table: • About Tables • Creating a Table in Design View • Creating a Table using the Wizard • Entering Data into a Table • Formatting a Table
Formatting Text: • The Zoom Toolbar • Selecting Data • Cutting, Copying, and Pasting • The Format Painter • Undo and Redo • Checking your Spelling
Formatting Controls: • Changing the Colour of a Control • Control Properties • Aligning Controls • Applying Special Effects
Doing More with Your Database
Creating Forms: • What is a Form? • Bound vs. Unbound Controls • Creating a Form with the Wizard • Creating a Form in Design View • Using Forms
Creating Queries: • What is a Query? • Creating a Query with the Wizard • Using Design View to Modify a Query • Using Queries
Reports: • What is a Report? • Creating a Report with the Wizard • Creating a Report in Design View • Using Reports
Sorting and Filtering Data: • Using Find and Replace • Sort Ascending or Descending • Using Filter by Form • Using Filter by Selection • Creating a Filter
Viewing and Printing Your Data
Formatting a Datasheet: • Adjusting Row Height and Column Width • Rearranging Columns • Freezing a Row or Column • Hiding a Column • Changing the Datasheet Font
Viewing Data: • The View Menu • The Window Menu • Hiding and Unhiding Windows • Arranging Windows • Closing Individual Windows
Printing a Database Object: • The Print Icon • Print Preview • Page Setup
- Highly Experienced Instructor
- Detailed User-Friendly Manual
- Pre/Post Course Email Support
- Attendance Certificate
- “Excellent- would be happy to recommend to anyone”By Kurtis Blair (16/12/2012)
- “Nice venue good facilities easy access. Trainers excellent and helpful. Exam moderators professional”By Kate Willington (15/12/2012)
- “This is a professional training company who has some of the most fantastic trainers. The trainer I had for my course was really experienced and used real life experienced in order to explain the methodology. This, I found extremely beneficial to my learning and essentially helped me pass my exam.”By Daniel Harris (15/12/2012)
- “I really enjoyed my time with The Knowledge Academy and found that the trainer was excellent and extremely talented in her field. I found the company to be extremely experienced and value for money.”By Rachel Castle (24/05/2012)
- “I recently took this training course and found it to be remarkable. The trainer was brilliant, as were the staff who navigated me to the training centre. The location of my course was gorgeous with a lovely view out of the window, and air conditioning. I really couldn't have asked for any more.”By Mahib Jaffri (10/10/2012)
- “I recently took the Access course and thankfully passed! The course is intense but the trainer was great at keeping us all engaged. I have the fantastic trainer to thank for my exam result. This company is great at providing training courses.”By Manni Hussain (19/01/2012)
- “Value for money and a trainer who knows his stuff. The Knowledge Academy are the company to go with for sure.”By Steven Thomas (04/07/2012)
- “The trainer was brilliant, really experienced in his field. It was an honour to be taught by him. I would recommend this company.”By Michael Morgan (19/11/2011)
- “Really interesting course, fantastic trainer, guaranteed to pass!”By Sandra Harrison (05/06/2011)
- “I have done Access courses before at colleges but they have nothing on this, this is what I want to know. thanks to the trainer and The Knowledge Academy.”By Billy Davis (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 04/05/2012) from Leeds
- “Thanks to TKA for a great service. I will be updating to the latest version in the new year.”By Josie Wright (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 22/04/2012) from Luton
- “I've done database courses before but struggled to learn anything new - this was great thanks.”By Luke Jones (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 19/04/2012) from Nottingham
- “It is difficult to find fault, a very clear and informative course.”By Barry Johnson (Rating: 5 out of 5, 06/04/2012) from Brighton
- “I have now completed my third course with The Knowledge Academy and all of your tutors have been first class. I plan to attend more in the near future.”By Louise Clay (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 31/03/2012) from Manchester
- “Course was perfect; not too basic nor advanced.”By Leeroy Richards (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 15/03/2012) from Southampton
- “It was challenging at times but very rewarding - I feel I have got a lot out of this course!”By Bill Henry (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 18/02/2012) from Manchester
- “Good course.”By James Long (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 12/02/2012) from Glasgow
- “Very good course, excellent trainer and booking was painless. Thanks TKA.”By Jaspreet Singh (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 28/01/2012) from Leeds
- “I enjoyed and learned a lot. Thank you for your services TKA!”By Kim Daniels (Rating : 4.9 out of 5, 26/01/2012) from Manchester
- “A great service overall, concise and clear. It will be very helpful for the future!”By Terry Mason (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 24/01/2012) from Luton
We do not currently have a video for this topic