What is Microsoft PowerPoint training?
Microsoft PowerPoint is a popular presentation program developed for Microsoft Windows. Being widely used by businesspeople, educators, and trainers, it is among the most prevalent forms of persuasion technology
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at the venue for 08:45am
Am I using Microsoft PowerPoint 2003?
Click HELP menu, click ABOUT, find your version.
Am I using Microsoft PowerPoint 2007?
Click Microsoft OFFICE button, click relevant OPTIONS button. Within OPTIONS click RESOURCES to find your version.
Am I using Microsoft PowerPoint 2010?
Click the FILE tab. In BACKSTAGE view, click HELP. Within PRODUCT ACTIVATED, find your version.
What level is best for me within Microsoft PowerPoint?
INTRODUCTION - You are able to create, edit and delete slides, add effects and print/view a presentation. ADVANCED - You are able to perform all tasks including adding audio & visual effects, write macros, insert hyperlinks, configure, customise and execute the presentation.
The Knowledge Academy
Who Should Attend the Course?
New and recent users of Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 or XP who want to expand and consolidate their knowledge of the application. Note : A basic understanding of PCs and familiarity with the layout of a PC style keyboard, mouse and Windows is required
Starting Out: • Opening Microsoft PowerPoint • Interacting with PowerPoint • Closing Microsoft PowerPoint
Slides: • What is a Slide? • Adding a Slide • Deleting a Slide • Cutting, Copying and Pasting Slides • Text AutoFit
Creating a Slide: • Creating Text • Deleting Text • Selecting Text • Cutting, Copying and Pasting Text • The Format Painter • Find and Replace
Working with a Presentation: • Saving A Presentation for the Second Time • Opening a Presentation • Closing a Presentation • Using the Save As Command
Getting Help in PowerPoint: • The Help Menu • The Help Task Pane • The Office Assistant • Configuring the Office Assistant • Using the Type a Question Box • Getting Help in a Dialog Box
Placeholders (Text Boxes): • Types of Placeholders (Text Boxes) • Resizing Placeholders • Moving a Placeholder • Deleting Placeholders
Formatting a Slide: • Add a Background Colour • Add Gradient Fills • Add Textures or Pictures
Other Formatting Tools: • Inserting Headers and Footers • Inserting Slide Numbers • Inserting the Date and Time
Managing Slides: • The View Toolbar • Slide Sorter View • The Slides Tab • The Outline View
Formatting Text: • Adjusting Font Size • Adjusting Font Type • Adding Effects • Changing Text’s Colour • Changing Font’s Case
Formatting Text from the Fonts Dialog Box: • The Fonts Dialog Box
Creating a Bulleted or Numbered List: • Adding Bullets and Numbers • Customizing Bullets and Numbers • Removing Bullets and Numbers • Discontinuing Bullets and Numbers
Using Paragraph Alignment: • Left, Right, Or Centre Alignment • Justification • Changing Text Direction
Printing and Viewing a Presentation
Proofing Tools: • Spell Check • AutoCorrect • Set Your Language
Print Preview: • Opening Print Preview • The Print Preview Toolbar • The Print What Menu • Setting Options • Printing Your Presentation
Organizing Your Data
Creating and Working with Tables: • Inserting and Drawing Tables • Inserting and Deleting Columns and Rows • Working with Cells
Constructing Table Layout: • Changing Your Border • Shading and Fills • Adding and Formatting WordArt
Working with Charts and Graphs: • Creating Charts and Graphs • Adding Titles and Data • Legends and Labels
Creating Customized Charts: • Choosing and Designing your Chart Style • Constructing 3-D Charts • Editing Chart Axes • Exhibiting Gridlines and Trend lines
Working with Organization Charts: • Creating Organization Charts • Choosing your Chart Style • Inserting Chart Shapes • Resizing Charts
Customizing Your Diagrams: • Adding/Editing Shapes • Altering Diagrams • Changing Diagram Schemes • Incorporating Text
- Highly Experienced Instructor
- Detailed User-Friendly Manual
- Pre/Post Course Email Support
- Attendance Certificate
- “Alan was a great instructor, knew the course inside and out and was always on hand and willing to help! Venue was excellent and training provided was second to none.”By Themba Geon (26/11/2012)
- “Very good teacher, hugely knowledgeable, clear and concise. Made the large workload manageable.”By James Robertson (22/07/2012)
- “The quality of the pre-course materials, course notes, agenda and approach to this intensive course is first class. Our trainer was excellent, combining a thorough knowledge of the subject with a structured and interactive approach. He also added some humour which helped lighten the mood during a challenging but rewarding week.”By Mark Beaumont (27/02/2012)
- “I'd recommend The Knowledge Academy if you want to pass the exams in the shortest time possible with the best trainers.”By Robert Logan (29/08/2012)
- “Totally professional services, nice, clean premises and a tutor who really knew his stuff. Would recommend The Knowledge Academy any day.”By Alex James (27/05/2012)
- “Very good trainer, highly experienced in training and with many years experience in industry. I would use this company again without a doubt.”By Trevor Rowe (23/02/2012)
- “It seems that there is new version of Office every two months! It's great to finally learn what's new about this one, and how to get the best out of it.”By Mathew Song (Rating 4.9 out of 5, 30/04/2012) from Sheffield
We do not currently have a video for this topic