Are you approved and what is your R.E.P provider number?
Yes, The Knowledge Academy has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Our R.E.P. Provider ID number is 3444
What does The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
The official hardcopy Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK Guide 4th Edition for free which is yours to keep, 4 days of classroom training, 35 PMI required contact hours. Guidance with PMP exam application process & support to maintain PDUs and extensive PMP practice test questions with unique PMP prep workbook
What is the Exam Pass Guarantee?
Our exam pass guarantee gives you confidence that we will support your learning until you pass your PMP exam. We guarantee that you will pass your PMP exam after completing our PMP Class. All we require is for you to take the exam within 30 days of completing the class. Attend all class days and complete all class assignments, including your PMP practice exams. If you do not pass the exam after the 1st attempt, we will allow you to attend the class again free of charge. Should you fail the exam on your 2nd attempt, you will be eligible to enrol in the class again, free of charge. PMP examination results must be verified to confirm re-enrolment and is subject to availability.
Are there any pre-requisites for the PMP Certification examination?
To apply for the PMP exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education. or A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
What is the experience of the instructor(s) delivering my course?
All of our instructors are fully accredited and have over ten years of experience in PMI methodologies
Do I receive a certificate?
Does the course fee include exams?
The course fee does not include the exam as you need to apply directly to PMI to book and take your exam at a Prometric testing center
How can I pass the exam on the 5th day?
This is achievable if the customer has the required contact hours (35), e.g. taking a previous classroom/online course covering Project Management (PMI Approved) and have applied to PMI to take the exam on a Friday. On this basis the customer would book the exam to take it on the 5th day, therefore booking with The Knowledge Academy who can offer the course on the same week.
How soon do you suggest I should take the exam after doing the course?
We recommend that you should take the exam once you feel you are fully prepared to pass the exam
The Knowledge Academy
The Project Management Institute (PMI) sets standards in project management and provides project managers with certification recognized around the world. This course delivers the knowledge needed to take the PMP exam. It covers the Knowledge Areas, Process Groups, Inputs, Tools/Techniques and Outputs contained in the PMBOK, as well as a broad spectrum of project management concepts, expected of project managers in today’s demanding environments.
A copy of the PMBOK, more fully known as A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, is provided.
The training is delivered by highly experienced project management trainers, with participation by the delegates being integral to the learning process. Delegates will explore project management issues via group discussion.
The syllabus covers a wide breadth of topics, from the essential management tools required to monitor and control a project through to the wider context in which the project is being managed in terms of social and environmental issues, finance, organization, procurement and people management.
All delegates must have a good understanding of the basic principles of project management.
To apply for the PMP exam, the PMI requires that you have either: A university degree and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- Understand in detail the structure and flow of the PMBOK
- Understand specific content of the PMBOK that is most likely to appear on the PMP examination
- Understand material that is “derived from” or “implied by” the PMBOK known or considered most likely to appear on the PMP exam
- Learn test-taking techniques that will increase the delegate’s chances of passing the exam on the first try
- Pass the PMP Examination.
This course is an intensive 4 day workshop resulting in a certificate for the 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs) required to apply for the PMP exam. Delegates should be advised that they will be required to undertake individual assignments in the form of homework during the course. .
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We have found a way to make your learning experience enjoyable.
- We are trusted by globally leading brands as a learning partner of choice, for example JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony.
- We provide pre and post course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands on we use real world examples and bring them to life
- As a market leader, globally, we have an extremely high pass rate
- We are a global company and are recognised as a leading brand for professional education
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- As a trusted brand, we are renowned for our focus on education and ensuring YOU pass.
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader
- We provide value for money and have trained over 25,000 delegates in 2011
- You ONLY get first class treatment with The Knowledge Academy
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Please fill in your details below and a learning advisor will be in touch to discuss any further questions you may have.
- FREE PMBOK® Guide – Fourth Edition hardcopy
- Guidance with PMP Exam Application Process
- Extensive PMP Practice Test Questions
- Unique PMP Preparation Workbook
- Course Completion Certificate
- 35 PMI Required Contact Hours
- Teas and Coffees
- “I really needed the certification but couldn't do it before as the costs were too high - once I saw the offer I didn't look back and I made a great choice with you guys.”By Phelma Cordis (Rating: 4.6 out of 5, 8/12/2012)
- “Good course and trainer. The reading material was easy to understand and I felt I was well prepared for my exam. I thank the knowledge academy so much as I have recently passed my exam too! Good job!”By Michael Di Costa (Rating: 5 out of 5, 08/09/2012)
- “Was nervous at first but the trainer made us feel so comfortable. Great course and a really good price. Really liked the NYC venue too!”By Harriet Sanders (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 09/05/2012)
- “This course was extremely useful to me, and I will definitely be recommending it to my colleagues”By Caleb James (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 17/03/2012)
- “An intense but thoroughly enjoyable course. I will definitely be booking again with The Knowledge Academy”By Anna Johnson (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 13/03/2012)
- “This course was really well structured, and the trainer answered all questions confidently and demonstrated a real knowledge for the subject.”By Ted Smith (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 03/03/2012)
We do not currently have a video for this topic
Career development with the PMP certification
The market without PMP certification
There is a growing trend within the data technology trade which needs its staff to hold certifications in their portfolios. The particular reason behind this is often quite difficult however is on the opposite hand contradicted by its own primitive and primal facts. the knowledge technology trade is in essence like no different trade within the world. the knowledge technology is usually in a very state of amendment is constantly growing. All the recent advancements in technological fronts act as catalysts to those changes and growth spurts. In an endeavour to outmatch the competition, all the businesses and organizations that apply dealing in data technology try to realize new goals and perpetually want to maximise their production and worth. The many thousands of data Technology corporations and organization along use the biggest Taskforce the planet has ever seen, the amount of people associated to which frequently reaches up to millions. These people got to be extraordinarily competent in their work and even have in depth expertise and ornamental educational histories. Now, even supposing most people meet these aspects, they realize themselves not having the ability to require that every one vital leap on top of the competition. There’s however one rationalization for this prevalence. That’s the shortage of extremely ornate and significant weight certifications.
Benefits and particulars of PMP certification
The Project Management Institute which is fundamentally a not-for-profit organization deals with provided that the leading PMP training, PMP courses and PMP certifications in the world. The PMP training, PMP courses and PMP certifications which are on proffer are so popular among both professionals and companies, that since 2010 there are more than 400,000 PMP certified professionals in the world. The PMP training and PMP courses can also be availed online via the PMI’s PMP online training and PMP online courses. Also, professionals functioning in the United Kingdom can advantage from the PMP certification UK programs.
The PMP training and PMP courses involve a detailed facts about the whole thing one might necessitate to know about project management. There are five topics based on which 200 multiple choice questions appear in the examination, which are really broad subjects dealing with only the most pertinent information regarding PMP training and PMP courses. These broad topics or process groups deal with initiation, conclusion, implementation, control, planning and monitoring of a generalized project. The ‘Knowledge Areas’ which additional associate with these process groups make up the PMP training and PMP courses. There is a total of nine ‘Knowledge Areas’ which one requires to study in their PMP training.
PMP course criteria’s
You will be qualified for applying for the PMP training and PMP certification if you encompass the basic academic requirement of bachelor’s degree in four years or secondary diploma of three years, in which case you will have to have served in management positions for at least five years or 7500 hours, or in the case of the former, three years or 4500 hours of service is enough. But, in addition to these PMP training and PMP courses amounting to thirty five hours is paramount.
Once you have protected your PMP certification, you can preserve it by generating 60 PDUs in three years.